Sunday, May 23, 2010

Short and sweet

My dad's last dr appointment didn't go well. his o2 level was very low, and the dr freaked out. even though my dad's blood work came back fine, and his last xray looked clear, the dr decided to bring up the subject of hospice care. this completely devastated me, and long story short, he's coming back on June 3 to discuss it with us.

Dad has decided, and I agree, that he doesn't need that. He is feeling much better than he has been for a long time, and while he does have breathing problems at times, it's not to the point of completely throwing up our hands and giving up, the way the dr made it sound.

I am nervous about the appointment. i am nervous that it's going to be a disaster, and that the dr will say he no longer can treat my dad. which means...well, that we're screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment